Top Menu

General Information

School Year 2021-2022 

Inscripciones para Kindergarten y Kindergarten Transicional Información General 2021-22

We are happy to welcome your family as part of our school community and help guide you through the process of registering your child. To complete your Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten Enrollment, please visit your school site beginning Tuesday, January 19, 2021.

All children including siblings will go to their home school to register.

Intradistrict Open Enrollment

If you are interested in transferring to a school other than your home school, please register at your home school and request an Intradistrict Open Enrollment Application at the time of registration.

The deadline for the Sibling/General Open Enrollment is May 13, 2020. The Sibling/General Intradistrict Lottery will be held on May 15, 2020 at the District Office.

Hatch Immersion Program

If you are interested in the Two-Way Spanish-English Immersion Program, please register at your home school and fill out a School of Choice Application. Immersion Registration Deadline: March 25, 2020. Immersion Lottery: March 27, 2020, (if necessary.)

To enroll in the Immersion Program parents must attend ONE of the following Mandatory Meetings: January 23, 2020, March 4, 2020 and March 26, 2020. All Mandatory Meetings are held at Hatch at 6:30 PMin Room C-4..

Families that apply after the deadlines will be placed on the transfer request list in the order the transfer request was received.

Registration Requirements

Age of Admission

  • Kindergarten: Born on or before September 1, 2015
  • Transitional Kindergarten (TK):& Born between September 2 and December 2, 2015
  • Children who do not turn 5 by December 2, 2015 are not eligible to enroll in school for the 2020-21 school year.

Proof of Your Child’s Age

Proof of your child's birth date may include, birth certificate, statement by the local registrar or county recorder, baptismal record, or passport.


Students are assigned to a school based on their home address. Per our Board Policy, prior to admission, parents shall provide proof of residency including, but not limited to, any of the following:

  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Rent payment receipts
  • Utility service payment receipts
  • Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
  • Immunization

  •  Polio – 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
  • Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis – 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th  birthday)
  • HEPATITIS B – 3 doses
  • MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA – 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
  • VARICELLA (Chickenpox) – 2 doses
  • Your child’s Immunization Record must show the date for each required shot above.  A personal beliefs exemption is no longer an option for entry into school. For more information, visit

    Health Examination for School Entry

    To protect the health of children, California law requires a health examination on school entry. You will receive this form at the time of registration and will need to be completed by a doctor.

    Oral Health Assessment

    To make sure your child is ready for school, California law now requires that your child have an oral health assessment by May 31, 2021. Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. (This assessment does not apply to TK.)

    Registration Forms

    Registration Packets will be available at your home school and on 
    CUSD website starting January 21, 2020.  All registration paperwork must be received by your home school. Registration is considered complete only after you have completed and submitted all paperwork.

    Feel free to call the school office your child will attend or the District Office at 650.712.7109 for any questions you may have.