School Site Council
School Site Council is a committee composed of school personnel, both certificated and classified, parents, and other community members. It provides a forum for the school community to come together to identify common goals and to establish a plan to achieve these goals.
The meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month in the Library from 3:30-4:30 pm. An agenda is posted on the front door of the school at least 72 hours before the meeting. The meetings are open to the general public.
- Develop and recommend the school improvement plan.
- Have ongoing responsibility to review with the principal, teachers, and other school personnel the implementation of the school improvement plan (SIPSA) and to assess periodically the effectiveness of the plan.
- Annually review the school improvement plan, establish a new budget consistent with the Education Code (www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=edc), and if necessary make plan modifications to reflect changing needs and priorities.
- Take other actions as required by the Education code.
- Function as the executive committee for site-based programs requiring the support of an executive committee (e.g., Title I, Title III, EIA etc.)
School Site Council Membership 2017-18
At elementary schools, the school site council must be constituted to ensure parity between (a) the principal, classroom teachers, and other school personnel, and (bl parents of students attending the school or other community members. The current make-up of the SSC is as follows:
|Misty Veloso||Classroom Teacher|
|Alexsia Lozano||Classroom Teacher|
|Hermila Garcia||Parent or Community|
|Margarita Ruiz||Parent or Community|
|Yolanda Arroyo||Parent or Community|
|Felicia Leon||Classroom Teacher|
|Paul Harrison||School Staff|
|Lizet Cortes||Parent or Community|
|Linda Meyer||Parent or Community|
|Parent or Community||5|