- Wed, Aug 15th – Construction Update Meeting– 5:30-6:30 pm in the Staff Lounge. Heater repairs that took place over the Summer. A panel will be present to answer questions.
- Friday, Aug 17th
- 2:00-4:00 pm Kindergarten Playdate – Oceanview Park
- 4:00 pm Class lists posted in office windows
- 4:00-6:00 pm PTO Welcome back social – Court yard
- Monday, Aug 20th – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- 8:00 am PTO welcome back coffee
- 6:00 pm Back to School Night for TK & Kindergarten in classrooms
- Video – Q & A with Principal
- Press Release: Appointment of New Assistant Principal at Hatch Elementary
- Kindergarten registration 2018-19 school year — Español
- District Press Releases: Read more about appointment on new positions within the district
- Parent Resources – CUSD
Quick LinksLunch Menus Hatch PTO SIPA (Spanish Immersion Parent Association) Amity Intern Program What’s on our site?
Welcome to our school community. We are committed to helping our children become lifetime learners in an environment that values academic excellence and global understanding. Our community of teachers, staff, parents, and children come together to reach this goal.
There are two educational pathways at Hatch; the English Immersion (Traditional) and the Spanish Immersion Program.
English: Instruction is offered in English. Academic instruction is offered in English in alignment with all other district elementary schools.
Spanish Immersion: Instruction is offered in Spanish. English is introduced gradually. By 5th grade, students are taught 50% of the time in each language. The Spanish Immersion’s goal is literacy in two languages.